St John’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In order to ensure this, our recruitment and selection policy is in accordance with both local and national guidance. Applicants will be required to complete the official application form. CV’s will not be accepted in place of the application form. For further details please read our Safer Recruitment Policy.
We are looking to employ a reliable cleaner to start immediately. The role would be for two hours a day (4pm to 6pm) during term time with some overtime in the holidays to do deep cleans. You will be responsible for the cleaning of a Chemistry Lab, Food Technology Room and a Biology Room. Duties will include:
- Cleaning certain parts of the school site
- Washing floors in designated areas
- Sweeping non-carpeted areas
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Cleaning desks, surfaces, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning and replenishing of consumables
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor
- Any other duties as required
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. The appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, medical check and satisfactory references.
Please complete the Facilities Staff Application Form and return it to the school reception or online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH (KS3 and KS4)
PART TIME – 2 or 3 days
Required from September 2019
- Are you a dynamic teacher who is committed to supporting our pupils to achieve their very best and to enjoy their lessons?
- Would you like to work with a friendly and supportive team?
St John’s is a co-educational Independent School for pupils aged between 2 and 16 years. We are proud of our educational provision and offer you the opportunity to join our successful school.
We are looking for a strong candidate to work with our happy and established English department. The successful applicant will be able to teach across the key stages including GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a positive role model for all of our pupils.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate pupils.
- Be enthusiastic, a team player, self-motivated and innovative.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who is able to engage and inspire our pupils.
- Be willing to take on a form tutor role.
- The chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
- Fantastic working environment where staff are valued.
- Opportunities to access CPD to develop your role further.
This is a part time position, and subject to the completion of a successful initial probationary year, will lead to a permanent position.
Applications from NQTs are welcome.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Please complete the Staff Application Form and return it to the school reception or online to email@example.com.