St John’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In order to ensure this, our recruitment and selection policy is in accordance with both local and national guidance. Applicants will be required to complete the official application form. CV’s will not be accepted in place of the application form. For further details please read our Safer Recruitment Policy found in our Policies and Procedures section.
We are looking for Experienced Invigilators, readers and Scribes to work within an existing team, which could result in a permanent annual position.
You will be required to do any of the following roles:
- Invigilate exams (could be responsible for the running of the exam)
- Reading (reading examination paper to student)
- Scribe (writing answers for the student in examination paper)
Assisting word processing if the student has this facility, supervising students who have breaks in between questions as well as assisting students who have a visual impairment or medical/behavioural issues.
This is to cover the May/June GCSE exams, sessions will be 8.45 – 11.15 am and 1.15 to 3.45 pm
Please complete and submit the application pack (right hand column) to the school office. Interviews will be held during the week starting 25th February 2019.
Closing date for applications: 22nd February 2019
We are looking to employ a reliable cleaner to start immediately. The role would be for two hours a day (4pm to 6pm) during term time with some overtime in the holidays to do deep cleans. You will be responsible for the cleaning of a Chemistry Lab, Food Technology Room and a Biology Room. Duties will include:
- Cleaning certain parts of the school site
- Washing floors in designated areas
- Sweeping non-carpeted areas
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Cleaning desks, surfaces, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning and replenishing of consumables
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor
- Any other duties as required
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. The appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, medical check and satisfactory references.
Please complete the Facilities Staff Application Form and return it to the school reception or online to firstname.lastname@example.org.