|Nurturing everychild to exceedtheir potential|
Joanne Osen is the main Principal and Bursar at St John’s School, which was founded in 1928 by Walter Higby, an Oxford Scholar who named the School after St John’s College, which he attended from, 1921-1924.
Mrs Osen’s parents, Shirley and Monty Green bought the school in 1982, whilst Mrs Osen was still at university studying for her law degree. After spending some time as a Company/Commercial Lawyer, Mrs Osen joined the family organisation as Bursar/Principal, gradually taking on a greater role in the running of St John’s School.
Finally, after a lengthy process, Mrs Osen was able to secure the freehold of the School from St John’s College, which allowed the Principals to put into action their long-term plan to improve the facilities for the pupils at the School.
September 2009 saw the beginning of the family’s dream of providing superb classroom and sporting facilities for St John’s School when the new building opened comprising of sixteen classrooms, art suites and a multi-purpose sports hall with shower and changing facilities. The new building is named ‘The Green Building’, in honour of Mrs Osen’s parents, and the ‘Monty Green Sports Hall’ will commemorate Mr Green.
The School remains a family concern with Mr Osen taking an active part in the organisation of the new build, and all the Principals look forward to the future and the School going from strength to strength.
St John’s School